On Sunday 10 June, Blackbrook Pavilion are hosting another 1 mile Run for Amy.

There will be a £5 registration fee to do the run. All runners will receive a coloured ‘Think Amy’ digital watch as a thank you for taking part.

As he did last last year, Somerset CC captain (and former England Cricket vice captain) Marcus Trescothick is supporting the event.

I am thrilled that not only will Marcus be at the event, to sign autographs and pose for photographs, but this year (to help raise funds for the campaign) he has kindly offered to allow people to have a bowl at him, for a small fee. This is a unique opportunity for all cricket enthusiasts, young and old.

For younger children, there will be use of a free bouncy castle and free face painting, and there will be stalls and other attractions for all the family. This will include:

  • A raffle – including some fabulous prizes (such as yearly gym membership at Blackbrook Pavilion) – prizes to be announced soon
  • Music provided by ‘Red Hot Steel’ – a local steel band who have kindly volunteered their services for the day
  • Fish, chip and burger van – serving hot food and drinks
  • Mixed Tombola
  • Book stall
  • Cuddly toy Tombola – a prize every time
  • Cake stall
  • Sweets stall
  • Bottle Tombola

20% of all monies raised will go towards funding the ‘Think Amy’ road safety campaign. The remaining 80% will be divided equally between the following charities:

  • RoadPeace – for their work in campaigning for improved road safety and helping the victims and families of those injured or killed on the roads
  • Somerset Sight – a local charity for the blind and partially sighted. Amy enjoyed volunteering at the charity’s shop, managed by her Aunty Jill. A charity close to the family’s heart.
  • NSPCC – because Amy loved children and always liked to help those in need
  • Stand Against Violence – a Taunton based charity, created following the murder of Lloyd Fouracre in 2005, it seeks to prevent further mindless violence using Lloyd’s tragic story

Do come and join us on what I wish will be another wonderful, and worthwhile, family day in memory of my Amy